Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Goodness knows, honeysuckle rose

7573.Pantone_2D00_Honeysuckle_2D00_Color_2D00_Code

Honeysuckle has been named the colour of 2011.
I heard this on the radio the other day, and it caught my attention, but for the wrong reason. See, when I heard 'honeysuckle' my mind immediately went to a bright yellowy orange. And this caught my attention because lately I've been really into yellow, for the first time ever really.

Around November I bought some tights from AA in 'mustard'. I wasn't sure about them at first, didn't know if I could pull them off, but soon enough they were my default. As often as I'd wear black, instead it was mustard. Then I found a skirt in pretty much the exact same colour. I just tried them together today for the first time and I'm sold. Lately I've also been leaning more towards monochromatic outfits, or at least blocks of outfits.

Today I found a fantastic yellow and red cardigan from the fantastic Deluxe Junk Co.. While buying it the cashier exclaimed that she loved it and couldn't believe it hadn't sold yet. She then said she could see why I was buying it, as I clearly loved yellow.

It must be the spring in the air, or just my longing for a bright yellow sun in the sky :)

IMG_4230

IMG_4227

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers