Friday, January 21, 2011

On Being Ginger

If only I really was!
I've been dying my hair for 15 years. Naturally it's a boring (on me, anyways) dark blonde. I've had it nearly every colour of the rainbow, plus all the normal hair colours. I rarely lasted more than a few moths without a drastic change. Until I went red.
For the last 3 years almost my hair has stayed within the confines of copper red. I'm fair with freckles, so it does suit me. Plus it's close enough to my natural colour that I can be lazy about redyeing and it doesn't look horrendous.

And while many people, when they hear 'ginger' they think of....

ginger

To me, red hair has always seemed so glamourous. I still have the occasional desire for a massive change, but then I'll watch an episode of Mad Men and be so enamoured of Joan that anything other than red just seems lacking.
Here are some photos of some red haired ladies whom I love, and have loved for years.

christina-hendricks

vintage-midge-doll

Molotov_cocktease

img-karen-elson-2_151605310348

gilda rita

clip-image0041

case_neko

Anne-of-Green-Gables-anne-of-green-gables-598561_640_480

6-cheryl-blossom

jessica-rabbit

3 comments:

  1. Let us not forget Dolly's Jolene. She was something, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My BFF is a dirty blonde who dies her hair red. I wouldn't mind being a ginger, but my skintone would not suit it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Celtic queen Bodicca, who led an uprsing against the Romans, had bright red hair down to her knees. I have Celtic ancestors so red is my color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers