Monday, June 18, 2012

10 things, 10 hundred dollars

Yesterday, while taking in the sights of this year's Car Free Day on Main St I ran into my pal Lisa who also happens to write The Sprog a mum-topic-centric blog about living in East Van and raising her lovely son. She mentioned the fact that I hadn't been blogging much (or, at all) and suggested I check out the "Monday Listicles" over at The Good Life blog.

For me, my inspiration comes in such ridiculous fits and starts - for a bit I'll have loads of ideas and then nothing. I like the idea of being given topics to write about, so I thought I would give it a try. The fact that the topic this week is imaginary shopping certainly helps.

 Lately I've had money on the brain like CRAZY. I finally decided I needed to actually start acting a little bit like a grown up and figure some shit out. So I ponied up the $25 to get my credit report (which wasn't as bad as I was expecting!), started reading a money blog regularly (The Billfold, friend to the fabulous Hairpin) and signed up at Mint.com to start tracking just where all my money ends up anyways. It's been good! And depressing, but good!

Even more recently money has been a touchier (ie stressier) subject, since the summer is looming which means no work. I'm hoping I'll be able to get EI, but I'm also very wary of it (it's never worked out before), and so for now and the foreseeable future I am in mega-budget mode. Which means no fun shopping. And so, imaginary shopping ho!

 The topic this week is what 10 things I would buy with $1000 dollars.

1. I'm totally stealing Lisa's idea here; a pound of delicious French Blend tea from Granville Island Tea Company - $30

2. Two beautiful, dry aged rib eye steaks from Windsor Packing Co. on Main St - $25

3. A Buddy Belt harness in natural for Minnie Pearl - $80


4. A bunch of tasty cheese from Les Amis du Fromage - $25

5. Frye Veronica Slouch boots in bronze (swoooooon) - $370

6. Wood veneer Lolita sunglasses from Tumbleweeds Oddities on etsy - $75


7. Miniature Aga for my future dollhouse - $35



8. THIS GODDAMN DRESS from Modcloth - $290

9. A hair cut from somewhere nice in Vancouver (my old hair stylist moved away so I don't really have anywhere specific to go right now) - $65

10. A French 75 cocktail from The Cascade Room on Main St - $10


8 comments:

  1. Howdy neighbor!!
    I like the pretty things you chose to buy Chloe. And that Aga for the doll house is a must! No home is complete without a wood burning stove :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? And I'm sure I'll never have an Aga in real life, so may as well have one in miniature! ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw, thanks for the shoutout! Good list & I'm glad to see you writing again. :) Fingers crossed on the EI...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Listicles! That cheese sounds delicious! And you've reminded me that I need a haircut! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And glad to be of help ;)

      Delete
  4. Two observations:
    1. You can get credit report for free once a year via snail mail.
    2. Stef works like 5 min on a bike from your house. There, I just solved the haircut problem.

    -Pappa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers