Sunday, November 27, 2011

29 Before 30

Another list inspired by another blog.

My next birthday is my 30th. And while I am determined for it to "not be a big deal", well, we'll see how that goes.
But in the spirit of being a grown up and making goals, I've come up with 29 things I plan to do before I turn 30.


1. Make a quilt

2. Start swimming regularly

3. Make gumbo

4. Make 3 different types of cheese

5. Organize sewing room/work area

6. Learn how to knit

7. Make a piece of clothing for myself

8. Get Horizon training

9. Do my driving test

10. GO to a life drawing class

11. Put photos into photo albums

12. Edit wardrobe to only things I wear & love

13. Do some dyeing with homemade natural dyes

14. Make an embroidery sampler

15. Do a photography project/learn to use all the cameras around me

16. Paint a picture

17. Sew something for Minnie

18. Make mustard

19. Take a train trip

20. Host a themed dinner party

21. Go to Museum of Anthropology

22. Organize spices/pantry

23. Do yoga regularly

24. Finish 'mad women' embroidery project

25. Get into making smoothies

26. Do a daily photo project for at least a month

27. Read 30 books

28. Go to Vancouver Police Museum

29. Go to New Orleans (again!)


a9e97b4387bf9d04_large

The (very, very, hopeful) plan is that I will actually ring in my birthday in New Orleans. With lots of friends, maybe even some family - that would be ideal.

There are some long overdue things on the list *coughDRIVERSLICENSEcough* and some newer interests of mine. A lot of the things on my list are things I've been meaning to do for ages and have bits and pieces in books and documents on here related to them (painting, sampler). I've got such a problem with motivating myself though. So here is a list for all to see! And if I fail, then all will see that too!

3 comments:

  1. #23 should get easier when Che Baba opens up... it's what, 300m from your house? ;) They've got free yoga class Sundays...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should of did this, I just turned 30 back in May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - good to know! :D

    Yeye - You could do it for your next birthday! I'm hoping to make this a yearly endeavour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers