Saturday, December 10, 2011

Total Eclipse of the Moon


Photo by Don Oberbeck

Last night/this morning there was a (super amazing) total lunar eclipse. I got Adam to wake me up around 4:30 so I could see it (it started then and the moon was completely covered by 6am). He had set up his telescope and we were lucky enough to have a totally clear, beautiful night. We could see it perfectly from our front yard.

Adam got a bit of video, but no still pictures. The above photo I got from the website spaceweather.com which I learned about in teacher's college (It gives northern lights alerts, and I was pretty gung ho on seeing some when I was in Thunder Bay. Unfortunately I never did.)

It will be the last total eclipse for 3 years, so I'm pretty happy that I got my sleepy self out of bed to take it all in :)

1 comment:

  1. cool! I wasn't willing to give up an hour's sleep to see the eclipse... Maybe if the next one's happening on a day I can sleep in?

    I saw the northern lights once by chance just outside Kelowna on the highway driving in. They were faint & only white, but it was really cool to see them so far south.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers