Friday, August 12, 2011

Holy hummus, Batman!

I've always loved hummus. My parents made it a lot when I was a kid, so I grew up not only loving it, but loving homemade hummus. The store bought stuff usually just doesn't measure up.

It's one of my favourite things to make - it's super easy and fast, and is great for experimenting. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I just experimented myself into....

The Best Dang Hummus EVER

hummmus

It's like a caprese salad in delicious hummus form. And perfect for the summer time!

You will need:

- One can of chickpeas
- One small tomato or a quarter of a big one (I used an heirloom tomato that was about 2x the size of a cherry tomato)
- Handful of fresh basil
- Garlic to taste (I used 4 cloves, but I like it REALLY garlicy)
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-1/3 cup of olive oil (again, to taste and texture preference)
- Salt to taste

Whiz everything except the oil together in a food processor, then add the oil slowly until it's the consistency you like. DELICIOUS!

I ate some on toasted rye bread with thick slices of heirloom tomatoes on top and was in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers