Saturday, May 28, 2011

Everything old is new again

The recent long weekend was extra long for me - the VSB threw in a bunch of 4 day weekends this school year. Two extra days off with no pay have been inspiring me to keep busy in a frugal fashion, and so I usually end up cleaning and doing some sort of crafty endeavor.
Most recently - dyeing!

dylon

I picked up this oversized sweater from the Gap sale rack years ago. It was a rather boring beige colour, but it was cashmere and silk and I think around $10. I wore it maybe once and just wasn't diggin' it, but figured I could do something with it. Fast forward to a couple weeks back when I saw a gorgeous lady wearing a beautiful dip-dyed skirt, and I'd been reading Tara-Lynn's posts about her lovely ombre dyed totes and I had my inspiration.

After staring at the dye options in Dressew for a good 5 minutes (and having some weirdo comment on it) I decided on a light "Elephant Grey" for the new all over colour and "Royal Blue" for the dip. This was my first time trying something like this, and I'm pretty pleased with how it came out!

sweater bath

everything old is new again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers