Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sally Mann

everyday i show is a pretty amazing photography community I came across lately. I've been meaning to make a post with a bunch of some of my favourites, but recently there was one specific post that I just loved.

These photos are from American photographer Sally Mann. Wiki always does such a good job of summarizing, so: "Many [photos] explore typical childhood themes (skinny dipping, reading the funnies, dressing up, vamping, napping, playing board games) but others touch on darker themes such as insecurity, loneliness, injury, sexuality and death."

I have this weird fascination with the rural. I'm such a city gal, but more and more I get these urges to live in isolation, even though it definitely scares the heck out of me a little bit.
I love these photographs as they have that element to them, and also just that whole "otherworld-ness"...it just feels like a life so far away from my own.

Sally Mann

Sally Mann

Sally Mann

Sally Mann

Sally Mann

Sally Mann

Sally Mann

Sally Mann

Sally Mann

Sally Mann

Sally Mann
Self portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers