Monday, November 21, 2011

Remember me?

I'm still alive!

Good grief. I really can't believe how much time has passed since I last posted.
It's silly to make excuses, especially since it's exactly what I was talking about last time - work! I just really need to figure out how to balance working full time with doing other things. Like blogging!
And seeing as how my busy work life has taken a little break, at least for today, here I am (finally!).

Of course I still read blogs like crazy, and in doing so learned that November is National Blog Posting Month (or, NaBloPoMo - catchy!). The idea is that you blog every day for a month. Being 21 days in, I'm a little late to the party but what the heck. Since going from a month+ of nothing to a full month would be a bit crazy, a 10 day challenge seems right up my alley.

So! To recap what's been going on (aside from all the work), October was pretty fantastic. It always is, really. Autumn smells, Thanksgiving, my birthday and Hallowe'en all wrapped up in one lovely month. This year we had yet another event - Minnie's birthday! It's October 7th, so of course (of course) we had a dog party. Complete with "pupcakes".

Dog party!

Dog party!
Gorgeous mustard costume courtesy of Devon & Benson

Thanksgiving weekend was lovely, and of course I didn't get any pictures. Turkey dinner went off without a hitch, though.

My birthday was also great, me and Adam went for a delicious dinner at Les Faux Bourgeois, which is conveniently located just around the corner from us. It was our first time there, and I would definitely go back.

And then Hallowe'en! Again, no pictures of my costume (so off the ball). I was Little Red Riding Hood, complete with a wolf pelt I made from some faux fur. I left the pelt at home for Hallowe'en Day and wore my costume to school and successfully hosted my first classroom Hallowe'en party. Fun!

A couple snaps from the party night,

WENDYTHIRTEEN
Adam as local promoter extraordinaire, Wendy13

Comic gal

Little hands!

and Hallowe'en proper

Front door

:O

Hallowe'en

And so now it's November. It's rainy most days, frosty some, and dark by 4:30.

Crow path

I also noticed that in my absence I still gained some followers, so, welcome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers